Quotes are a powerful way to inspire people and engage with your audience.
People have always loved to listen to smart-sounding phrases or quotes from famous leaders, heroes, or scientists.
And everyone has experienced this one time in his life. You read something so irresistibly true, that it has changed your life.
That’s the mission of all quotes.
To inspire and uncover something that we may already hear in our subconscious mind, but we just need someone to say it to us.
Money Instagram quotes are often used to inspire people in their everyday lives and motivate them on the way to their financial goals.
These quotes are also used on other social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter.
There are many inspirational quotes about money out there, but it is not always easy to find them on the web.
That’s why I have compiled a list of my favorite money quotes for Instagram posts.
They can inspire, motivate and make people feel empowered, or just simply make them think.
The best quotes will always be the ones that resonate with your audience.
These quotes can be used as Instagram photos, stories, or wherever you prefer.
I’ve divided them into more sections to help you navigate and find them faster once you have a specific goal with them for your Instagram audience.
At the end, I’ll be sharing one pro-tip on how to use quotes and citations.
If you are looking for some visual inspirations to make your stories and reels more appealing, check my post for Funny Instagram GIFs and Stickers.
Inspirational money quotes for Instagram
1. Money equals freedom. – Kevin O’Leary.
2. Time is money. – Benjamin Franklin.
3. All riches have their origin in mind. Wealth is in ideas – not money. – Robert Collier.
4. All money means to me is a pride in accomplishment. – Ray Kroc.
5. No matter what your goal is, having money will help you reach it faster. – Lance Hacking.
6. Money is not everything, but it still matters. – Unknown.
7. Money is not the most important thing in life, but it’s reasonably high on the list. – Zig Ziglar.
8. When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. – Oscar Wilde.
9. Money doesn’t make you happy, but it puts a smile on your face. – Unknown.
10. Money won’t create success, the freedom to make it will. – Nelson Mandela.
11. Money is to my social existence what health is to my body. – Mason Cooley.
12. Never spend your money before you have earned it. – Thomas Jefferson.
13. Money can’t buy happiness, but it can buy a pretty good time. – John Lennon.
14. Money can’t buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with. – Spike Milligan.
15. Money can’t buy happiness, but it can make you feel a whole lot better. – John D. Rockefeller.
16. Money makes your life easier. If you’re lucky to have it, you’re lucky. – Al Pacino.
17. Wealth is the ability to fully experience life. – Henry David Thoreau.
18. Poverty breeds lack of self-reliance. – Daniel De Leon.
19. All my life I knew that there was all the money you could want out there. All you have to do is go after it. – Curtis Carlson.
20. If you make a living, if you earn your own money, you’re free – however free one can be on this planet. – Theodore White.
21. Money is a mechanism for control. – David Korten.
22. I always knew I was going to be rich. I don’t think I ever doubted it for a minute. – Warren Buffett.
23. Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons. – Woody Allen.
24. Money is only a tool in business. – Henry Ford.
25. My favorite things in life don’t cost any money. It’s really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time. – Steve Jobs.
26. Money should buy you one thing only and that is freedom. – Max Berger.
27. There are three faithful friends, an old wife, an old dog, and ready money. – Benjamin Franklin.
28. After a certain point, money is meaningless. It ceases to be the goal. The game is what counts. – Aristotle Onassis.
29. No one’s ever achieved financial fitness with a January resolution that’s abandoned by February. – Suze Orman.
30. The rich don’t work for money – the rich invent money. – Robert Kiyosaki.
31. Take care of the pence, and the pounds will take care of themselves. – William Lowndes.
32. Late to bed and late to wake will keep you long on money and short on mistakes. – Aaron McGruder.
33. Money is power, freedom, a cushion, the root of all evil, the sum of blessings. – Carl Sandburg.
34. Bread is made for laughter, and wine makes life enjoyable; but money answers every need. – Solomon.
35. Pennies do not come from heaven. They have to be earned here on earth. – Margaret Thatcher.
36. I’d rather lose my own money than someone else’s. – Dean Kamen.
37. Money can always be traced. It leaves a trail of slime behind it wherever it goes. – Michael Swanwick.
38. The way to become rich is to put all your eggs in one basket and then watch that basket. – Andrew Carnegie.
39. To get rich, you have to be making money while you’re asleep. – David Bailey.
40. Money does not represent such a value as men have placed upon it. All my money has been invested into experiments with which I have made new discoveries, enabling mankind to have a little easier life. – Nikola Tesla.
41. Money isn’t everything, but it’s way ahead of whatever’s in second place. – Unknown.
42. Riches have wings, and grandeur is a dream. – William Cowper.
43. Rule No.1: Never lose money. Rule No.2: Never forget rule No.1. – Warren Buffett.
44. Never confuse the size of your paycheck with the size of your talent. – Marlon Brando.
45. If money was my only motivation, I would organize myself differently. – Placido Domingo.
46. A wise man should have money in his head, but not in his heart. – Jonathan Swift.
47. Do what you love and the money will follow. – Marsha Sinetar.
48. What counts is what you do with your money, not where it came from. – Merton Miller.
49. There is nothing so habit-forming as money. – Don Marquis.
50. Real riches are the riches possessed inside. – B. C. Forbes.
51. I don’t care half so much about making money as I do about making my point, and coming out ahead. – Cornelius Vanderbilt.
52. Being real is what keeps me humble. It doesn’t matter how much money I make or how much I accomplish. What’s critical is staying real to myself and keeping my feet on the ground. That’s what helps keep me going. – Anuel AA.
Thoughtful money quotes for Instagram
53. Money is not the only answer, but it makes a difference. – Barack Obama.
54. Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver. – Ayn Rand.
55. Sometimes your best investments are the ones you don’t make. – Donald Trump.
56. There are two types of people in this world: those who have money and those who don’t. – Unknown.
57. I don’t believe in the concept of money, I just believe in energy and love. – James Arthur Ray.
58. Friends and good manners will carry you where money won’t go. – Margaret Walker.
59. Everyone needs a certain amount of money. Beyond that, we pursue money because we know how to obtain it. We don’t necessarily know how to obtain happiness. – Gregg Easterbrook.
60. Many good qualities are not sufficient to balance a single want – the want of money. – Johann Georg Zimmermann.
61. Wealth should not be seized, but the god-given is much better. – Hesiod.
62. Money is not the root of all evil, but it’s a mighty poor substitute for love. – Drew Barrymore.
63. Money is the measure of a man. – Aristotle.
64. There are people who have money and people who are rich. – Coco Chanel.
65. Money: power at its most liquid. – Mason Cooley.
66. Price is what you pay. Value is what you get. – Warren Buffett.
67. Greed is not a financial issue. It’s a heart issue. – Andy Stanley.
68. Money is a powerful motivator, but it’s not the only one. – Jane Bryant Quinn.
69. Money will buy a pretty good dog, but it won’t buy the wag of his tail. – Josh Billings.
70. Money is numbers and numbers never ends. If it takes money to be happy, your search for happiness will never end. – Bob Marley.
71. A good reputation is more valuable than money. – Publilius Syrus.
72. The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much. – Ronald Reagan.
73. Fortune is like glass – the brighter the glitter, the more easily broken. – Publilius Syrus.
74. The most efficient labor-saving device is still money. – Franklin P. Jones.
75. The way to make money is to buy when blood is running in the streets. – John D. Rockefeller.
76. If we command our wealth, we shall be rich and free; if our wealth commands us, we are poor indeed. – Edmund Burke.
77. Business is other people’s money. – Delphine de Girardin.
78. The greediness of gain is the only principle on which a stranger can be induced to furnish a stranger. – Edward Bulwer-Lytton.
79. Money Is A Great Servant But A Bad Master. – Francis Bacon.
80. You’ve got to tell your money what to do or it will leave. – Dave Ramsey.
81. The hardest thing to understand in the world is the income tax. – Albert Einstein.
82. If you want to reap financial blessings, you have to sow financially. – Joel Osteen.
83. A man is usually more careful of his money than of his principles. – Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr..
84. The greatest luxury of riches is that they enable you to escape so much good advice. – Arthur Helps.
85. Money differs from an automobile or mistress in being equally important to those who have it and those who do not. – John Kenneth Galbraith.
86. It’s a kind of spiritual snobbery that makes people think they can be happy without money. – Albert Camus.
87. Money is the greatest concern for small characters, but is nothing but the smallest for great characters. – Nicolas Chamfort.
88. As a general rule, nobody has money who ought to have it. – Benjamin Disraeli.
89. ‘Tis money that begets money. – Thomas Fuller.
90. The love of money grows as the money itself grows. – Juvenal.
91. Throw money at a problem and it will remain. – Tony Kakko.
92. In suggesting gifts: Money is appropriate, and one size fits all. – William Randolph Hearst.
93. Most men love money and security more, and creation and construction less, as they get older. – John Maynard Keynes.
94. Money and success don’t change people; they merely amplify what is already there. – Will Smith.
95. The wealth of a person should be estimated, not by the amount he has, but by the use he makes of it. – Josh Billings.
96. Many folks think they aren’t good at earning money, when what they don’t know is how to use it. – Frank A. Clark.
97. Lost money is wept for with real tears. – Juvenal.
98. In essence, money is a lifeblood flowing through ourselves, our society, our global human community, and should be acknowledged and treated consciously. – Bernard Lietaer.
99. Nothing stings more deeply than the loss of money. – Livy.
100. Money couldn’t buy friends, but you got a better class of enemy. – Spike Milligan.
101. Money is a dangerous subject. Polite conversation avoids it. You may talk about economics, but not raw money. – Max Plowman.
102. Money and friendship bribe justice. Beauty is potent, but money is omnipotent. – John Ray.
103. Money is human happiness in the abstract; and so the man who is no longer capable of enjoying such happiness in the concrete, sets his whole heart on money. – Arthur Schopenhauer.
104. Money is a good soldier, sir, and will on. – William Shakespeare.
105. In truth, poverty is an anomaly to rich people. It is very difficult to make out why people who want dinner do not ring the bell. – Walter Bagehot.
106. Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor. – Sholom Aleichem.
107. Money was never a big motivation for me, except as a way to keep score. The real excitement is playing the game. – Donald Trump.
108. Wall Street is the only place that people ride to in a Rolls Royce to get advice from those who take the subway. – Warren Buffett.
109. Too many people spend money they haven’t earned to buy things they don’t want to impress people they don’t like. – Will Rogers.
110. Assets put money in your pocket, whether you work or not, and liabilities take money from your pocket. – Robert Kiyosaki.
111. I’d like to live as a poor man with lots of money. – Pablo Picasso.
112. Money is the root of all evil. – Aristotle.
113. Money is the devil’s dung. – Archbishop LeRoy Bailey Jr..
114. If we command our wealth, we shall be rich and free; if our wealth commands us, we are poor indeed. – Edmund Burke.
115. There is a gigantic difference between earning a great deal of money and being rich. – Marlene Dietrich.
116. A man in debt is so far a slave. – Ralph Waldo Emerson.
117. Money cannot buy peace of mind. It cannot heal ruptured relationships, or build meaning into a life that has none. – Richard M. DeVos.
118. Wealth flows from energy and ideas. – William Feather.
119. We’ve got to put a lot of money into changing behavior. – Bill Gates.
120. So you think that money is the root of all evil. Have you ever asked what is the root of all money? – Ayn Rand.
121. Where large sums of money are concerned, it is advisable to trust nobody. – Agatha Christie.
122. You have to go broke three times to learn how to make a living. – Casey Stengel.
123. Nothing is more dangerous to men than a sudden change of fortune. – Quintilian.
124. Put not your trust in money, but put your money in trust. – Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
125. Profit is sweet, even if it comes from deception. – Sophocles.
126. Money is the barometer of a society’s virtue. – Ayn Rand.
127. Money is always there but the pockets change; it is not in the same pockets after a change, and that is all there is to say about money. – Gertrude Stein.
128. Those who are of the opinion that money will do everything may reasonably be expected to do everything for money. – Edward Wood.
129. One of the funny things about the stock market is that every time one person buys, another sells, and both think they are astute. – William Feather.
Funny money quotes for Instagram
130. Money can’t buy happiness, but it can buy a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it. – David Lee Roth.
131. There’s no such thing as a free lunch. – Milton Friedman.
132. Money is not everything. There’s a lot more to life. But then again, there’s nothing better than money! – Unknown.
133. Whoever said money can’t buy happiness, never owned a horse. – Unknown.
134. Friendship is like money, easier made than kept. – Samuel Butler.
135. A fool and his money get a lot of publicity. – Al Bernstein.
136. Here’s how I think of my money – as soldiers – I send them out to war everyday. I want them to take prisoners and come home, so there’s more of them. – Kevin O’Leary.
137. Honesty is the best policy – when there is money in it. – Mark Twain.
138. Art for art’s sake, money for God’s sake. – Simon Raven.
139. I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. – George Best.
140. Money can’t buy you happiness, but it can buy you a boat. – John Lennon.
141. If you’d lose a troublesome visitor, lend him money. – Benjamin Franklin.
142. Would you know what money is, go borrow some. – George Herbert.
143. If women didn’t exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning. – Aristotle Onassis.
144. Money does not make you happy but it quiets the nerves. – Sean O’Casey.
145. Don’t judge me. I made a lot of money. – Samantha Bee.
146. Money just draws flies. – Mahalia Jackson.
147. Never invest your money in anything that eats or needs repainting. – Billy Rose.
148. The best way to keep money in perspective is to have some. – Louis Rukeyser.
149. Sex is like money; only too much is enough. – John Updike.
150. Wealth is not his that has it, but his that enjoys it. – Benjamin Franklin.
151. If I was as rich as Rockefeller I’d be richer than Rockefeller, because I’d do a bit of window cleaning on the side. – Ronnie Barker.
152. A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don’t need it. – Bob Hope.
153. When it is a question of money, everybody is of the same religion. – Voltaire.
154. I hate almost all rich people, but I think I’d be darling at it. – Dorothy Parker.
155. When a man tells you that he got rich through hard work, ask him: ‘Whose? – Don Marquis.
156. All I ask is the chance to prove that money can’t make me happy. – Spike Milligan.
157. If you can count your money, you don’t have a billion dollars. – J. Paul Getty.
158. Money can’t buy love, but it improves your bargaining position. – Christopher Marlowe.
159. The safe way to double your money is to fold it over once and put it in your pocket. – Kin Hubbard.
160. Isn’t it a shame that future generations can’t be here to see all the wonderful things we’re doing with their money? – Earl Wilson.
161. Whoever said money can’t buy happiness simply didn’t know where to go shopping. – Gertrude Stein.
162. Money can’t buy happiness, but it can make you awfully comfortable while you’re being miserable. – Clare Boothe Luce.
163. Sooner or later, we sell out for money. – Tony Randall.
164. The substitute for knowledge is money. – Gordon Bethune.
165. Poverty makes you sad as well as wise. – Bertolt Brecht.
166. I am fiercely loyal to those willing to put their money where my mouth is. – Paul Harvey.
167. If saving money is wrong, I don’t want to be right! – William Shatner.
168. Money’s a horrid thing to follow, but a charming thing to meet. – Henry James.
169. Very few people can afford to be poor. – George Bernard Shaw.
170. The thing that differentiates man from animals is money. – Gertrude Stein.
Tip: how to use quotes for Instagram?
The usual way to use quotes is simply paste them on an Instagram photo and share it.
There is nothing bad with this idea, but some of those have become “overshared” and many of your followers know them from other profiles.
This is ok, but what if you would use these to your advantage and make your profile stand out with some unique quotes?
The best way to use these captions is to get inspiration and transform them into remarkable quotes dedicated to your audience.
Example: So if you know the average of your followers is between 25 and 35 and 70% of them are men, you can assume that they like expensive cars.
If you take the quote “Money couldn’t buy friends, but you got a better class of enemy.” and simply change to “Money couldn’t buy friends, but you can buy a new Ferrari and this will bring you many new friends“.
Or “Money can’t buy you happiness, but it can buy you a boat.” and turn it into “Money can’t buy you happiness, but it can buy you a new Porsche and that’s enough.”
If your profile is about food, you could change the quote to “Money can’t buy you happiness, but it can buy you a pizza, and pizza makes people happy.”
The main goal is to come out with something unique that will make you stand out from other profiles and make people remember you. Even those who are not following you!
With so many resources out there, it might be confusing to find the right quotes for your Instagram profile.
So I hope this post could help you a bit to choose the right one and boost the engagement on your profile.
Thats what all profiles are about. To engage people, motivate them and grow your audience.
And of course, once you’re so far, you can start earning some money with your Instagram profile.